[Aeneas and Mama are sitting in the car in the driveway. Aeneas is in the driver's seat.]
A: This is a lab with infinite space. We can do anything here.
M: What kind of science do you want to do today? Physics? Chemistry? Biology?
A: Which is the kind where you design and build things?
M: Engineering. There are electrical engineers, computer engineers, mechanical engineers-
A: I want to be a computer engineer.
M: What is the first hypothesis you want to test? Then we can decide how we should test your hypothesis and we can get supplies.
A: Let's use my wizard computer to get supplies from Amazon. [Hands Mama his Magna Doodle pad] Search for lasers.
M: OK, what color or wavelength do you want?
A: Gold.
M: Hmm... I'm not sure which part of the electromagnetic spectrum we perceive as gold. It is probably a mix. I'm not sure we can get one in gold.
A: Then we need one that shoots beams of electrons which are not parts of atoms.
M: That sounds pretty tricky, too. But, I'll see what I can find.
A: It also has to be rechargeable with Anshu energy. Electron lasers can either be charged with good energy or evil energy. We want the good kind.
M: OK... Got it. Phew, it was the last one in stock. Anything else?
A: Yes. We need one sheet of pure gold foil.
M: That sounds pricey. Do we have money in our budget?
A: Of course, for wizards everything on Amazon is free.
M: Excellent. I'll just put this gold foil in our cart and check out. I guess I'll try to overnight it so that we can get the supplies as soon as possible.
A: Wizards use the instant shipping through the portal. That way we can have the supplies immediately.
M: Is that under the Super Saver Shipping options?
A: [Moves hands around as if rolling a magic ball.] The supplies have arrived.
M: That was easy. So, what is the plan for the experiment?
A: We have to shoot the gold foil with the electron laser and see what happens.
M: Great. Go for it.
A: [Holds invisible laser and aims it at the invisible foil.]
M: Is anything happening? It's hard for me to tell.
A: Yes, the foil is becoming radioactive. The gold atoms are losing neutrons and protons. They are decaying and giving off radioactive energy.
M: Really? Gamma rays? That's amazing.
A: Yes. The electrons are also escaping their orbits and shooting out. The foil is turning into "Light-Might" - a magical substance. Scientists predicted its existence, but its never been made before.
M: Seriously?! Did you hypothesize this would happen when you designed the experiment?
A: No, my hythopesis was that the gold would disappear. I didn't know that it would become Light-Might - the solid form of light.
M: You're telling me that this is made of photons now?
A: Yes, solid light.
M: We have to publish this. This is incredible.
A: Of course.
3 comments:
LOVE <3
LOVE <3
bright and cute!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment